Loading...

Contact Us

Williamson Funeral Home

1405 Lincoln Avenue
Jacksonville, IL ‚Äč62650
Get Directions

Phone: (217) 243-1010
Fax: (217) 245-0660

The Williamson name became associated with funeral service in the late 1800's in Arenzville, Illinois when C.E. Williamson, a local purveyor of gas stoves, expanded his business to include furniture and undertaking. After briefly moving his business to Beardstown, Williamson relocated to Jacksonville in 1911 and joined A.G. Cody in opening a funeral home on the north side of East State Street, just off the downtown. This partnership dissolved in 1923, and in 1925 the Williamson Family moved to 210 West College Avenue. The business remained in operation at that location until the completion of construction on the new location at 1405 Lincoln Avenue in 1998.


Airsman-Hires Funeral Home - Carrollton

108 North Fifth Street
Carrollton, IL 62016
Get Directions

Phone: (217) 942-6818
Fax: (217) 942-6818

Lynn P. Simpson moved his business, Simpson Funeral Home, into the grand old home on North 5th Street in 1935, having outgrown their previous location on the second floor of the family's furniture store in Carrollton. Jess Hires went to work for the Simpson family in 1951, and purchased the business in 1966. When Terry Airsman and Jess Hires merged in 1979, it became Airsman-Hires Funeral Home. 


Sager Funeral Home

202 East Eighth Street
Beardstown, IL 62618
Get Directions

Phone: (217) 323-2001
Toll Free: (877) 943-1010
Fax: (217) 323-2482

Sager Funeral Home in Beardstown was owned and operated by Wyatt and Trish Sager for nearly 30 years. As sole-proprietors, Wyatt and Trish worked day and night each and every day of the year providing quality funeral service to the families of Cass County and neighboring communities. Seeking time off, a relationship was developed with the directors of Airsman-Hires Funeral Homes and in 2007, Wyatt and Trish merged their operation with Airsman-Hires.


Airsman - Hires Funeral Home - White Hall

234 North Main Street
White Hall, IL 62092
Get Directions

Phone: (217) 374-2337
Fax: (217) 374-2337

In 1930, Frank Dawdy opened Dawdy Funeral Home at this location, the former Bowen residence, becoming the first funeral "home" in Greene County. It remained in operation under the direction of Frank's son, Bill Dawdy, and later Bill Wolfe and Terry Airsman, eventually becoming Dawdy-Wolfe-Airsman Funeral Home. In 1979, with the formation of Airsman-Hires Funeral Homes, the name was changed to reflect the new ownership.


Airsman - Hires Funeral Home - Roodhouse

102 West Clay Street
Roodhouse, IL 62802
Get Directions

Phone: (217) 374-2337
Fax: (217) 374-2337

Roodhouse was the home of Reeves Funeral Home in 1925. Bill and Jean Wolfe purchased the business in 1947 from the Reeves family and later sold it to Terry and Mary Beth Airsman in 1974. The name was changed to Airsman-Hires Funeral Home in 1979.


Neece Funeral Home

349 East Tanner Street
Waverly, IL 62692
Get Directions

Phone: (217) 435-2121
Fax: (217) 435-2121

The Neece Funeral Home in Waverly was founded in the early 1900's, by W. H. Neece. He operated locations in both Waverly and Franklin, Illinois. The business continued under the direction of his son. Wm. H Neece, Jr., and his wife, Betty. In 1975, the Neeces purchased Stults Funeral Home in Palmyra. The Neece Family sold its funeral homes to Airsman-Hires in 1980.


Stults - Neece Funeral Home

201 North Main Street
Palmyra, IL 62674
Get Directions

Phone: (217) 436-2214
Fax: (217) 435-2121

Founded in 1906 by Otto Stults and his brother, George, Stults Funeral Home has served the families of Palmyra, Modesto, Scottville, Hettick, and the surrounding communities for over a century. The business was continued by Otto's son, Olin "Red" Stults until his retirement in 1975. William Neece, Jr., who owned funeral homes in nearby Waverly and Franklin purchased the business. It became part of Airsman-Hires in 1980, when the Neece family sold their business.


Coonrod Funeral Home

107 East Cross Street
Winchester, IL 62694
Get Directions

Phone: (217) 742-3219
Fax: (217) 742-3219

Coonrod Funeral Home joined Airsman-Hires in 1994 when Denton Coonrod sold his business to Terry Airsman. Denton owned and operated the Coonrod business since purchasing it in the 1960's. It was previously known as Dieterle Funeral Home, and later Cunningham Funeral Home, for whom Denton worked.


Airsman - Hires Funeral Home - Griggsville

30571 IL-107
Griggsville, IL 62340
Get Directions

Phone: (217) 833-2321
Fax: (217) 285-2412

The current Griggsville location was constructed in the Fall of 2000. The previous location in Griggsville was the former Skinner Funeral Home, operated by the Skinner family until they sold the business in 1986. It became the Airsman-Hires Funeral Home in 1986, when Randy Hires began serving the families of Pike County. Randy oversaw the construction of the new Funeral Chapel and continues to serve the Airsman-Hires Communities.


Airsman - Hires Funeral Home - Pittsfield

1232 West Washington Street
Pittsfield, IL 62363
Get Directions

Phone: (217) 285-2412
Fax: (217) 285-2412

Our Pittsfield location was opened in 1976 as Plattner Funeral Home. Several years later, in 1980, it was purchased by 3rd generation Director, Mike Lummis. Mike had followed in the footstep of his grandpa (G. B. Lummis, 1914 Mortuary School graduate), and his father John B. Lummis (1951 graduate). Mike had already been in Pike County having purchased the Ward Funeral Home in Pleasant Hill in 1974 and the Gill Funeral Home In Barry. Ill health forced Mike to retire from the business and in 1993, Terry Airsman bought what is now the Airsman-Hires Funeral Home. Currently, 4th generation Director, J. Scott Lummis, is just one of the directors who continues to serve the families of Pike County in their time of need.

© Airsman-Hires Funeral Home | Jacksonville, Carrollton, Winchester, Waverly, White Hall, Pittsfield, Palmyra, Roodhouse, Griggsville & Beardstown, IL - Funeral Home Website Design By Frazer Consultants